Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a hearty breakfast treat for one. This savory casserole can be prepared the day before and popped into the oven in the morning. Simply delicious! I got this from Taste Of Home Magazine.
- 1 frozen hash brown patty, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup frozen onion-pepper stir fry vegetables, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup diced cooked ham
- 1⁄3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese or 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- Place the hash brown patty in a greased 3-cup baking dish.
- Arrange the stir-fry blend around patty.
- Sprinkle with ham, mushrooms and cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt, pepper and mustard; pour over cheese.
- Top with tomato slices.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
This is our traditional breakfast meal for Christmas morning! This recipe is wonderful, because it is easy to "play" with the ingredients. I omit the peppers for my 2 young sons, but my hubby and I love them in ours! I make this on Christmas Eve and pop it in the oven while we open presents! I have also made this for overnight guests with rave reviews! I have made it with different meats, different cheeses, egg substitute instead of eggs, and have even made it with spinach. The presentation is beautiful, and the breakfast is very filling. I, too, had misplaced my TOH, so I searched until I found it on here! Thanks for posting, keen5!
I'm allergic to eggs, but my husband loves them. Making a regular breakfast casserole means that I end up throwing out a lot. This was perfect! I did break up the patty, making it more like traditional casseroles. I had first read this recipe in Taste of Home, but had lost it. Thanks for posting!