Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Drop Donuts that you can do anytime. Easy and you don't need much oil to deep fry. I got this from Cooks.com but I changed some ingredients.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup non-fat powdered milk (already made)
- 4 ounces apple juice (I used a little bottle of Gerber)
- 4 cups flour
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- cinnamon, to your preference
- dust with confectioners' sugar
- Add all ingredients together, remember you need a thick consistancy, add more flour if needed.
- Making sure the eggs are mixed in well.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees (try and maintain this).
- Drop donuts into oil and fry until brown.
- Test inside to make sure they cook through.
- Roll in Confectionery Sugar or Cinnamon and Sugar.
not a recipe I would recommend if you're looking for fluffy, melt in your mouth goodness. These come out rather more like fried bread. I won't make them again. Also, I had to fry them in teeny tiny pieces in order to get them to cook through.
My children loved this recipe, I used our deep fryer to cook these and I think I left them in a tad too long because they came out hard but that didn't stop anyone from eating them, they still tasted fine were just a bit crunchy. LOL Thanks for sharing! I'm sure we'll be making this again.