Recipe by UnknownChef86
I really luv doughnuts!
Top Review by delnz99
YUM! I got a mini donut machine but didn't like any of the recipes that came with it, so I came on Zaar & found this lovely little gem which I much prefer! When I first made it, I threw everything in the bowl before reading the instructions but now I remember to save some of the butter & sugar for the coating. I use a pastry brush to coat the donuts in butter, I don't like too much butter. These are perfect to go in the kids lunchboxes but never last the week coz we eat them up! Thanks for a great recipe :)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, beat egg to blend with milk, 1/4 cup melted butter, and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and stir just enough to moisten.
- Spoon into well-greased mini muffin tins.
- Bake in a 350ºF.oven until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Mix 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Brush doughnut tops with 3 tablespoons melted butter and roll in sugar/cinnamon.
- Serve warm or cool.
- If making ahead, cool, then store airtight up to 2 days.