Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I really luv doughnuts!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, mix flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, beat egg to blend with milk, 1/4 cup melted butter, and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and stir just enough to moisten.
- Spoon into well-greased mini muffin tins.
- Bake in a 350ºF.oven until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Mix 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Brush doughnut tops with 3 tablespoons melted butter and roll in sugar/cinnamon.
- Serve warm or cool.
- If making ahead, cool, then store airtight up to 2 days.
YUM! I got a mini donut machine but didn't like any of the recipes that came with it, so I came on Zaar & found this lovely little gem which I much prefer! When I first made it, I threw everything in the bowl before reading the instructions but now I remember to save some of the butter & sugar for the coating. I use a pastry brush to coat the donuts in butter, I don't like too much butter. These are perfect to go in the kids lunchboxes but never last the week coz we eat them up! Thanks for a great recipe :)
this is the first recipe i have made with this site. they turned out very light & subtle. and were easy & fun to make. the only thing that would make them better is frying them, but baking them gives them a pound cake flavor, which is lovely. i sifted the flour to try to lighten them. these would probably be great for kids
These are so yummy.. alhou they come our more like muffins.. My kids called them Muffin-D-Nuts. lol I spread some Cake Icing lightly on some of them for the "forsted" doughnut affect. They are so moist!!! will def.make again.