Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a batter recipe I found to use with an electric mini doughnut machine I have (a bit like a sandwich toaster but with seven rings to take a spoonful of batter each) - when I couldn't find the instruction leaflet with the recipe in it. After cooling slightly on a rack, I warm a spoonful of apricot jam with a splash of water and brush on lightly before dipping in hundreds and thousands or chocolate flakes. This quantity makes about 20, easiliy doubled if you are catering for a children's party or such.
- 4 ounces plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces caster sugar
- 3 fluid ounces milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Separately whisk wet ingredients.
- Combine and whisk.
- Heat doughnut machine.
- Brush each dip with hint of oil.
- Put one dessertspoonful of batter into each dip.
- close lid.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove to cool on a rack and repeat with remaining mixture.
- Decorate doughnuts.
- you could dip in melted chocolate.
- but I brush with a little warmed apricot jam and dip in sugar strands or hundreds and thousands or chocolate flakes.