Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Mini cupcakes that taste like cinnamon sugar doughnuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 24 minit (1 3/4 inch) muffin pan cups. Combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Mix cake mix, water, oil and eggs according to package directions, stir nutmeg into batter. Fill prepared muffing cups two-thirds full.
- Bake about 12 minutes or until lightly browned and toothpick inserted into centers come out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from pans. Roll warm cupcakes in sugar mixture until completely coated.
- Save any remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture from this recipe to sprinkle on toast or pancakes.
I piped mine into the cupcake liners. Worked very well!
The dough was very thick. And I could have filled more than 24 mini cupcakes. So they were bigger than supposed. They were moist and the taste was great. It was hard to dip them in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. It would have been better to dip them in melted butter and then in the sugar. Thanks Crafty Lady :) Made for the Australian Swap for January 2012
I made this recipe on 5/21/09 for the " Taste Of Yellow " event. Just like Bev, I too found the batter to be very thick.I used my cookie scoop to measure out the batter, and that seemed to do the trick. For some unknown reason, the amount of cup cakes came out to 32. But, that's o.k. just more for me to enjoy :). It was very hard to roll them in the cinnamon sugar, so I just turned them upside down and did the tops.The taste of these " little gems " were good warm, but as they cooled down the taste was just o.k.. Thanks for posting and, "Keep Smiling :) "