Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
from "Kirbie's Cravings" - http://www.kirbiecravings.com/2010/07/doughnut-muffins.html
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease a muffin tin with cooking spray or vegetable oil.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar and egg until light in color.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Pour into egg mixture and stir to combine. Pour in vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract.
- Divide batter evenly into 10 muffin cups or ~24 mini-muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes for standard-sized muffins or 11-12 minutes for mini-muffins, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.