Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a low fat and low sodium recipe great for kids. I use this at the local canteen and it is very well received!
- 500 g vanilla cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 egg
- 50 g icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa (optional)
- 5 drops food coloring
- 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- Mix together the vanilla cake mix, 3/4 cup low fat milk and 1 egg -- use a beater for at least 2 minutes until very well combined.
- Grease a mini muffin pan (12) and bake for 10 minutes at 170°C fan forced, or until when touched, they spring back!
- Turn out onto a cooking rack.
- Mix together icing with 1-2 table spoons of low fat milk.
- Add a few drops of food colouring to the icing if you would loke a particular colour on the cakes.
- Ice each one with 1/2 teaspoon of icing and sprinkle a couple of decorative hundreds and thousands on top.
- The kids will love them!