Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Ridiculously cute pot pies.
Ingredients for Pie Mixture
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (for vegetarian leave out)
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel
- 1⁄2 cup diced potato
- 1⁄2 cup diced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 cups vegetable broth or 2 cups chicken broth
- 2⁄3 cup milk
Ingredients for Pie Crust
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 4 -6 tablespoons boiling water
- Pie Filling:.
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2. Boil broth, peas, corn and whole chicken breast for 15 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken and shred w/ a knife and fork and return to pot.
- 3. Saute onion, celery, carrots and potatoes in margarine for 15 minutes.
- 4. Add flour to sauteed mixture, stirring well, cook for one minute stirring constantly.
- 5. Add milk to the sauteed mixture.
- 6. Gradually stir in stock, pea, and chicken mixture.
- 7. Stir in salt and pepper.
- 8. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- 9. Pour mixture into prepared pie crust lined cup cake tray.
- 10. Cover with 4 inch square pie tops. Press around rim with a fork to seal to pie bottoms. (Brush edges w/ water if needed).
- 11. Cut slits to allow steam to escape.
- 12. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly and cooked through.
- For Pie Crust:.
- 1. Mix all ingredients, and stir vigorously until soft dough forms.
- 2. Roll out 1/8th inch thick. and cut out 12 4 inch squares.
- 3. Spray butter inside cup cake moldings. Then carefully drape and form 5 inch dough squares into cup cake molds. Cut off excess and return to rest of the dough. (be sure to leave a quarter inch lip over the cupcake molds side to receive the pie tops).
- 6. Roll out 1/8th inch dough with the remaining dough. and cut out 12 4 inch squares for pie tops.