1/2 Photos of Mini Cranberry Shortbread Tarts
1 hr 30 mins
These are delicious and look great on any Thanks giving or Christmas pastry or cookie plate. from Canadian Living Magazine. The recipe includes the 1 1/2 hrs chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Short Bread Shells
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 2/3 cup icing sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, cold
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1Shortbread Shells:.
- 2In a large bowl whisk together the flour and sugar.
- 3Cut in the butter using a pastry blender or 2 knives until you have coarse crumbs with a few larger pieces.
- 4In a small bowl whisk egg, vanilla, and water together and drizzle over the flour, tossing with a fork until the dough holds together.
- 5Gather into a ball and turn out onto a floured surface.
- 6Flatten into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap and refidgerate for about an hour (can be made upto 2 days ahead).
- 7On a lightly floured surface roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- 8Using a 2 1/4 inch round cookie cutter, cut out 36 pieces, rerolling scraps.
- 9Fit into mini muffin tin and freeze for 30 minutes.
- 11Preheat Oven to 350 degrees For 180 degrees Celsius.
- 12In a medium bowl mix together sugar, corn syrup,egg, butter, orange rind and juice, and salt.
- 13Stir in cranberries and walnuts.
- 14Spoon the mixture into shells.
- 15Bake in the bottom 1/3 of oven until the filling is puffed and pastry is golden.
- 16Let cool on a rack for one minute and then run a metal spatula to loosen.
- 17Using a metal spatual tranfer tarts to cooling rack.
- 18Store layered with wax paper in an airtight container for 3 days.
- 19These can be frozen up to 2 weeks.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Cranberry Shortbread Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (592 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 58.6
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 17.9 mg
- Sodium 25.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 0.7 g