Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
These are great for gift giving during the holiday season.
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, soft
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen cranberries (3 cups)
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- Heat oven to 350.
- Butter a 9" pan or 3 small pans.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar till smooth. Add vanilla and salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, eggs orange juice and beat to combine.
- In another bowl mix flour, salt, soda, powder, add this to the creamed mixture and gently beat with spoon just till flour disappears. fold in berries and pecans. pour batter into pan and bake 50-60 minutes for large loaf or 30-35 minutes for small ones.
- The bread is done when toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pan 30 minutes then turn onto rack to cool completely. Then wrap.
Nobody liked it. Nobody finished the sample. Not worth the effort. Trudy :-(