Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is from one of those little supermarket 'checkout cookbooks' , this particular one is from 'Taste of Home', it's easy and yummy. I'm posting it here for safe-keeping.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Separate each biscuits into 5 equal pieces.
- Press onto the bottom, and up the sides of 24 ungreased miniature muffin cups.
- Fill each cup with 2 tsp crab and one tsp Swiss cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, milk, dill weed and salt. Spoon about 1 1/2 teaspoons into each cup.
- Bake for about15-20 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- Let stand for about 5 minutes before removing from pan. Serve warm.
- Note: the computer and I fought over the tube of refridgerated buttermilk biscuits. The recipe states 1 (16.3 oz) tube of large buttermilk biscuits.
These get 5 stars for tste but 3 stars for method. I think there must be a refrigerator biscuit that is in layers, so that you can seperate them into 5 layers, but I couldn't find them and had no way to seperate the regular ones. I ended up rolling each one out very thinly and cutting them with a small glass. My other problem was there is too much filling for those mini muffin tins. My quiches all overflowed in the pan. I had to trim off a lot of brown bits around the edges. The flavor was good, but not worth the work. Glad I tried them but most likely wouldn't try again. Sorry. Made for Spring 2104 PAC.