1/1 Photo of Mini Crab Cakes with Remoulade Sauce
- Carla -'s Note:
This is really an impressive appetizer. The recipe is a little bit of work, but worth it! From the book Gatherings & Celebrations from Burt Wolf.
My Private Note
mini ca ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, minced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb fresh lump crabmeat, cleaned and picked over to remove any bits of shell
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/3 cup cracker meal, plus
- more cracker meal, for dredging
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil, for frying
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons drained white horseradish
- 4 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Tabasco sauce
- 1In a medium skillet, heat the butter; add the scallions, celery, and garlic, and cook over medium heat until the vegetables are translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine the cooked vegetables with the crab, eggs, lemon juice, mustard, and parsley.
- 3Season with the salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- 4Add the cracker meal and stir well to combine thoroughly.
- 5Form heaping tablespoons of the crab mixture into 1-1/2 inch-round cakes.
- 6Roll the cakes in additional cracker meal and place them on a baking pan.
- 7Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- 8When ready to serve, heat a large skillet and pour the oil to a depth of 1/2-inch; heat the oil over medium heat, keeping the oil at a low simmer.
- 9Cook and brown the crabcakes for 1 to 2 minutes on the first side and about 1 minute on the second side, or until they are cooked through and golden brown.
- 10Transfer the cakes to paper towels to drain. Serve the cakes warm, with the Remoulade sauce.
- 11-=Remoulade Sauce=-
- 12In a small bowl, whisk all of the ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to serve; makes 1 cup.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Crab Cakes with Remoulade Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1023 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.8
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 27.5 mg
- Sodium 250.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: