- 3⁄4 lb crabmeat
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 celery rib, cut into 3 pieces
- 3 scallions, trimmed
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons light wasabi mayonnaise
- 2⁄3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup light wasabi mayonnaise
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons water or 2 teaspoons skim milk
- In a food processor, combine the crabmeat, pepper, celery and scallions. Pulse to finely chop. Add the egg whites, mayonnaise and 1/3 cup of the bread crumbs. Pulse to combine. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Heat over to 425°F Coat a large sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place remaining 1/3 cup bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Using a heaping tablespoon, gently form small patties, each about 1/2 inch thick and 1 3/4 inches across. Coat with bread crumbs. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Spray tops of crab cakes with cookin gspray. Bake for 20 minutes, turning once.
- Dipping sauce: In medium-size bowl, combine celery, mayonnaise, scallion, pickle relish and water or milk. Stir until ingredients are well blended. Refrigerate until serving. Once crab cakes are done baking, transfer to a serving platter and servie with dipping sauce on the side.