Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Coronation chicken is a common sandwich filling in the UK. I never heard of it before I moved to the UK but I am now a fan. These mini coronation chicken pitas are low in fat and a good idea for a lunch or snack.
- 4 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon curry paste, mild
- 1 mango, peeled, stoned, and chopped
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 4 mini pita pockets
- Mix together the mayonnaise, curry paste and mango.
- Stir in chicken.
- Lightly toast the pita breads and make a cut with a knife to open them up.
- Spoon in the chicken mixture. Serve.
Great, easy recipe. I didn't have a mango so substituted it with mango chutney.
Great filling for pita pockets and a great change of pace for the filling! Loved the addition of the mango and the curry paste. A wonderful new taste for us and one that makes for a great lunch. Made as directed - an awesome chicken pita. Thank you Sarah_Jayne.