Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These cornbreads are full of that fresh, sweet flavor of corn. They freeze very well.
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh corn kernel (you can use frozen, thawed and dried in paper towel)
Goat Cheese Spread
- 1 large red pepper, roasted, seeded and peeled
- 1 (3 ounce) packageof creamy goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Butter 4 mini loaf pans (3 1/2 x 6 inch).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. Stir in sugar and cornmeal.
- In separate bowl mix together butter, eggs and buttermilk. Stir in corn kernels.
- Mix wet ingredient with dry ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Leave 1/2-inch of space at top.
- Bake at 350° F for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool at least 5 minutes.
- Goat Cheese Spread:.
- Puree roasted red pepper, in food processor.
- Add goat cheese.
- Transfer to bowl and garnish with chives.