These cornbreads are full of that fresh, sweet flavor of corn. They freeze very well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh corn kernel (you can use frozen, thawed and dried in paper towel)
Goat Cheese Spread
- 1 large red pepper, roasted, seeded and peeled
- 1 (3 ounce) package of creamy goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1Butter 4 mini loaf pans (3 1/2 x 6 inch).
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Stir flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. Stir in sugar and cornmeal.
- 4In separate bowl mix together butter, eggs and buttermilk. Stir in corn kernels.
- 5Mix wet ingredient with dry ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix.
- 6Pour batter into prepared pans. Leave 1/2-inch of space at top.
- 7Bake at 350° F for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8Cool at least 5 minutes.
- 9Goat Cheese Spread:.
- 10Puree roasted red pepper, in food processor.
- 11Add goat cheese.
- 12Transfer to bowl and garnish with chives.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Cornbread With Roasted Red Pepper Goat Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.2
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 55.0 mg
- Sodium 279.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 5.6 g