Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These cornbreads are full of that fresh, sweet flavor of corn. They freeze very well.
Make and share this Mini Cornbread With Roasted Red Pepper Goat Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh corn kernel (you can use frozen, thawed and dried in paper towel)
Goat Cheese Spread
- 1 large red pepper, roasted, seeded and peeled
- 1 (3 ounce) packageof creamy goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Butter 4 mini loaf pans (3 1/2 x 6 inch).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. Stir in sugar and cornmeal.
- In separate bowl mix together butter, eggs and buttermilk. Stir in corn kernels.
- Mix wet ingredient with dry ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Leave 1/2-inch of space at top.
- Bake at 350° F for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool at least 5 minutes.
- Goat Cheese Spread:.
- Puree roasted red pepper, in food processor.
- Add goat cheese.
- Transfer to bowl and garnish with chives.