Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
These need to be fried, and that can be a little labor intensive, but these dudes are tasty!!!! My mom used to make them for slumber parties!
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup biscuit mix, such as Bisquick
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb hot dog, cut into 1/4 's
- Preheat deep fat fryer or bring oil up to 375 in a skillet deep enough for fying.
- Combine egg and milk, and add dry ingredients and spices.
- Pierce a hot dog quarter with a toothpick and dip in batter, drop (sans toothpick) into fryer and fry 1 or 2 minutes (or until golden brown) and drain.
- Serve with mustard and ketchup!