Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
For fun flavor, try this snack of cornmeal dough around mini hot dogs with a tangy dipping sauce
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 24 miniature hot dogs
HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Cut in butter and shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Beat egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients until a soft dough forms. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 6-8 times or until smooth.
- Roll out to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/4-in. biscuit cutter.
- Fold each dough circle over a hot dog and press edges to seal (dough will be sticky). Place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl; mix well. Serve with the corn dogs.
Made them, and they were okay tasting, but they needed to be slathered in the sauce to be good.