Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These little muffins are delicious served with a bowl of hot soup for a lunch or dinner or to have just on their own. A nice change from the usual bread rolls or slices of toast!
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- fresh ground black pepper (LOTS!)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 12 spring onions, chopped
- 1 (200 g) can sweet whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped finely
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- poppy seed
- toasted sesame seeds
- mustard seeds
- paprika (optional)
- Fry the bacon and then chop/dice.
- Sift the flour, cornmeal, salt and baking powder into a bowl.
- Add lots of freshly ground black pepper.
- Add chopped spring onions, corn, parsley, eggs, milk, oil and honey to the dry ingredients and FOLD in (Stir until just mixed- do NOT beat!).
- Place tablespoons of mixture into well greased patty tins.
- Sprinkle the top of 8- with poppy seeds, 8-with toasted sesame seeds and 8- with mustard seeds.
- Sprinkle a little paprika over them all.
- Bake in very hot oven (220-230'C) for 15 minutes.