1/2 Photos of Mini Cocoa Swirl Cheesecakes (Vegan)
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
I got the original, non-vegan recipe for this dessert from my South Beach Diet Quick & Easy Cookbook. I made this recipe vegan. I haven't had a piece of real cheesecake in years and with my cholesterol concerns I avoid it. But today I decided I just had to have a piece so I concocted this vegan recipe. I didn't include the 2 hours it takes to chill these in the fridge in preparation time. Also note that these are not sweet at all. So if you prefer them sweeter you could add an extra tablespoon of powdered sweetener of your choice to the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350'F.
- 2Line 12 muffin cups with paper or foil liners.
- 3Blend the tofu and vegan cream cheese in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
- 4In a small bowl, prepare your egg replacer and mix to combine.
- 5Add the agave, vanilla and prepared egg replacer to the tofu/cream cheese mixture and combine.
- 6Fill each prepared muffin cups to about half full.
- 7Add the sifted coco to the cheese cake mixture that you have left and whisk until well mixed.
- 8Drop the chocolate cheese mixture by heaping
- 9teaspoons on the top of each of the white cheese mixture and fold in and swirl.
- 10Put the ready cheese cakes in a large pan and fill the pan 1/2 way up the sides of the muffin cups. This is called a bain-marie and is often used to help delicate desserts set in the oven and help prevent the top from cracking.
- 11Bake the cheesecakes for 20 minutes until set.
- 12When done, remove the muffin tin and set on a metal rack to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate the cheesecakes. Two hours should be sufficient.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Cocoa Swirl Cheesecakes (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 21.7
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegan cream cheese