Recipe by Douglas Poe
Made these for a coffee social at church. Can be made in regular muffin tin, you will need to bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray a 24 count mini muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Make topping in small bowl; set aside.
- In large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon, set aside.
- In another bowl cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- Beat in dry ingredients until just incorporated.
- Stir in raisins.
- Using a small scoop, fill muffin pan, and then sprinkle each one with cinnamon sugar topping.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.