Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
So yummy and delicious--try it and you'll see! Uses dough from bread machine recipes (upside-down pecan buns) and a delicious (healthy--er.. a bit) raisin, cinnamon, and sugar filling--and a yummy icing!
For the dough
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons skim milk powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour (Canadian or 3 2/3 cup flour American)
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 3⁄8 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- For dough, add all ingredients in a bread machine pan in the order listed.
- Select the Dough/Pasta setting. Press Start.
- When beeps to "Add ingredients", don't do anything. Let it go all the way.
- When dough is finish, remove from machine.
- Knead dough for about 10 minutes using flour if sticky.
- Roll out into a rectangle (about 14 by 16 inches). Cut dough into 4 rectangles.
- For each smaller rectangle, spoon 1/4 of the mixture on the dough.
- Roll into a long pinwheel. Pinch the end the dough to keep in place.
- Cut into 1/2 inch pieces; makes about 18.
- Do the same thing for the other 3 pieces of dough and the rest of the filling.
- Place onto a greased baking pan. Cover.
- Let rise for 30-40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly brown on top.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Mix together sugar, vanilla, and milk.
- Drip icing on top of buns.