Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I often get a lot of comments about these mini fruit puddings but I never give my secret away (I'm actually cheating). I don't use alcohol so I use cranberry Juice. Fun for the kids to help. This recipe was given to me from an old work mate. Thanks CC.
- 400 g fruitcake, pre-made
- 60 g Copha, melted
- 1 tablespoon brandy or 1 tablespoon orange juice or 1 tablespoon cranberry juice
- 30 g Copha, melted
- 40 g white chocolate, melted
- 10 red glazed cherries, for decoration purpose so anyting that is edible which are christmas colors (red or green)
- Crumble Fruit Cake in a bowl.
- Add Copha.
- Add Liquid.
- Mix ingredients (Mixture should be moist, if to dry add more liquid, if to moist add more fruit cake).
- Make mixture into little balls.
- Melt the white chocolate
- Add Melted Copha with chocolate and mix together.
- Cut decorations into small (mini) pieces.
- Putting it together.
- Place balls on serving plate or petite patty pans.
- Dribble a small amount of white chocolate on the top.
- Add the small decoration.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This also works very well with left over steamed christmas pudding (which it is imitating, anyway), if there ever is any. I added more brandy to mine and also more white chocolate to the glaze.
Made these to take to a Yuletide gathering & THEY ARE OUTSTANDING, & with any luck most of them will still be around for the taking tomorrow! I used my own Dried Fruit Fruitcake that I'd made especially for this by dicing all the dried fruits small rather than, say, just quartering the dates! Really enjoyed putting these together & will be making this recipe again & again! Thanks for posting it! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
These are great i have made them to take to work I made a double batch as my fruitcake was 800g. I used dark fruit cake and cherries also cranberry mineral water as that is the closest thing i had to the liquid. They are so morish u just cant stop at one. I will be making a second batch for sure. Thanks