Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very cute delicious friands. In Australia friands are a trendy cafe item. You can use any type of chocolate, fruit or nuts but white chocolate really compliments the taste. Please note the temperatures listed are for celsius and remember to use normal cupcake trays for this recipe and not friand moulds.
- 2 egg whites
- 91 g butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup almond meal
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar icing
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour
- 100 g white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to moderate (180 degrees C/160 if fan forced). grease 2 x 12 hole mini muffin pans.
- Place egg whites in a medium bowl; whisk lightly with a fork until combined.
- Add butter, almond meal, sifted icing sugar and flour to bowl; using a wooden spoon, stir until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate.
- Spoon tablespoons of mixture into pan holes.
- Bake friands for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through, turn onto wire racks to cool and sprinkle with some extra icing sugar if dersired.