Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These mini treats are easy to make but yet impressive.
Make and share this Mini Chocolate Eclairs recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare pudding according to directions on box and let cool for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine butter,water and salt in a sauce pan over medium heat until butter is melted and it comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in flour very fast and well until mixture forms into a ball.
- Put the mixture into a bowl and let cool for 5-7 minutes.
- Add eggs in 1 at a time and beat well.
- Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drop mixture onto baking sheet into 12 mounds 5 inches apart.
- Using a spoon, spread out each mound until it becomes a 4 x1/2 inch rectangle rounding the edges of the side to make it oval.
- Bake for 35 minutes or very lightly golden.
- Then cut a 1 inch slit along side of each eclair.
- Reduce oven heat to 375 degrees and return them into the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Put on a wire rack to cool.
- Cut each eclair into half.
- Spread 1 tbsp of filling on the bottom part of the eclair.
- Frost tops with frosting.