Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are small cheesecakes that you can pick up with your fingers and eat. This is another "grocery store check out line cook book" recipe. They are made in the muffin tins that measure 2 1/2" x 1 1/4" and that an Oreo cookie circle could fit into. Make these up a month ahead and freeze them till ready for serving. Take them out about 3 hours before and you will be all set to go.
- 9 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (Oreos) or 18 vanilla wafer cookies
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- whipped cream (optional)
- Line 18 medium muffin with paper baking cups.
- Split Oreo's in half; take filling out; and place one cookie, middle side up in each cup (or 1 wafer, flat side down).
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer till smooth.
- Gradually beat in sugar and cocoa till fluffy; add vanilla.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, till well blended.
- Divide evenly between the cups (cups will be almost full).
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 20-25 minutes or till centers are firm.
- Cool for 15 minutes--centers will sink at little while cooling.
- Refrigerate in muffin cups at least 1 hour; take out, cover, and refrigerate at least another hour before serving.
- Dollop with whipped cream and garnish with with wedges of Oreo's that you separate and take the filling out of and then and make triangles if you can.