Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy, moist squares that are part cookie, part brownie, and part shortbread. This recipe is also tweaked to be lower in fat and calories to make them pretty guilt-free.
- 1 cup light butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until creamy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
- Gradually beat in flour.
- Stir in 1 cup morsels. Press into bottom of ungreased 13 by 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-33 minutes. Immediately sprinkle with remaining chips.
- Let stand for 5 minutes until the morsels are shiny then spread.
- Cool and cut nto squares.