Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love a rich chocolate frosting on a chocolate cake, but a close second is definitely a delicious white buttercream. I whipped up this frosting for that reason, and at the last minute I decided to add in the mini chocolate chips.
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 3 -4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavor extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- Cream together butter and shortening.
- Alternatively add confectioner's sugar and milk to create desired consistency.
- Beat in extracts.
- Beat in mini chocolate chips.
Ended up with 2 9x13 cakes, that was shared at school today. Kids really enjoyed it