Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
Serve these with additional salad dressing for dipping if desired.
Make and share this Mini Chickpea Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄3 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1⁄4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mash chickpeas coarsely in medium bowl with hand potato masher.
- Stir in carrots, bread crumbs, salad dressing and egg; mix well.
- Shape chick pea mixture into small patties using about 1 tbsp mixture for each.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, turning halfway through baking time until lightly browned on both sides.
Great recipe, devoured by carnivores and vegetarians alike. Used chives and onions rather than carrots, to spice them up, worked out really well.
I really liked these. made them a bit bigger than mini as it was only me eating them. I did have to put more breadcrumbs in though i don't think i drained the chickpeas enough. I will be making these again. with the many tins of chickpeas i somehow accumilated in my pantry :)
This is more of a concept than a recipe. Choices in the type of vegetable, breadcrumbs and salad dressing will determine the taste, texture, and exact nutritional analysis. It's categorized here as an appetizer, but can be made in full-sized patties for an entree. The dish is nicely balanced nutritionally, with beans, grain, vegetables and egg. These patties also freeze well. I used dry chickpeas (2/3 cup), homemade bread crumbs from white bread with margarine, and homemade dressing based on half olive oil, half vinegar. The uncooked mix was a bit loose, and I had some crumbling as I turned the patties. The texture was a teeny bit oily for my taste. The flavor was a bit too Italian for me, without much from the carrots or chickpeas to balance the oregano and parsley.