1/2 Photos of Mini Chicken Turnovers (Oamc)
These are some great little appetizers that I found online ages ago. I've served them at birthday parties and holiday parties. They can also be made ahead and frozen, see notes below. I haven't tried that yet, there have never been enough left, but if you try it, let me know if the times are accurate!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped very fine
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature, cubed
- 1Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Stir in the chicken, stock, garlic salt, poultry seasoning, pepper, and cream cheese. Mix until the cream cheese is fully incorporated, then remove from heat and set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 3In a large bowl or food processor, mix together the flour, salt, and paprika. Cut in the butter until coarse crumbs form. Gradually add the water until dough forms a ball.
- 4On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry to 1/16 inch thick. Cut with a 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter (or turn a drinking glass upside down!). Reroll scraps and continue cutting circles until dough is used up, taking care not to roll in too much additional flour in the process.
- 5Place 1 heaping teaspoon of the filling on half of each pastry round. Moisten edges with water and fold in half to form a half moon. Press edges gently with a fork, then pierce the top of each turnover to vent steam.
- 6Arrange turnovers on a baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- 7** To freeze: Bake as directed, then allow to cool completely. Place cooled turnovers back on a baking sheet in the freezer until solid. Frozen turnovers may be stored in a freezer bag.
- 8** To reheat: Place frozen turnovers on a baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 5-7 minutes until heated through.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Chicken Turnovers (Oamc)
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.4
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 58.9 mg
- Sodium 242.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 6.5 g