Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are really tasty little morsels that I make a lot. For the sake of convenience I use the jars of crushed ginger and garlic, about a tablespoon of each. They also freeze well.
- 500 g minced chicken
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 chopped spring onions
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 slices fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix well with hands.
- Heat some peanut oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry spoonfuls of mixture, flattened out into patty shapes, until golden and cooked through.
- Serve as an appetizer with a bought satay sauce.
I'm not going to rate just yet as I chnged them a little..I used shredded chicken and was a bit short so added some crushed white beans to the mix to bulk it up a little...I think that the spices were a little subtle for our liking but I love the idea of this and will try it again as directed but maybe adding more curry & peanut butter. Thanks for posting!
We found these to be pretty bland. I'd expected more flavor -
This was fantastic! Kids really loved it.I had leftover cooked chicked, ran it through the food processor and wow it was easy. I coated them in seasoned bread crumbs as I had them on hand. Great! Thank you ktlieq, look forward to more of your recipes! Suzanne