Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Impossibly Easy Mini Pies are ripe for the customizing. Learn how to develop taste sensations for every taste palate and occasion. It doesn't get any easier than this–really! I found this recipe on the Betty Crocker website.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup original Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- 2. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center. Add onion; cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add vegetables, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until mixture is heated through. Cool 5 minutes; stir in cheese.
- 3. In medium bowl, stir baking mixture ingredients with whisk or fork until blended. Spoon 1 scant tablespoon baking mixture into each muffin cup. Top with about 1/4 cup chicken-vegetable mixture. Spoon 1 tablespoon baking mixture onto chicken-vegetable mixture in each muffin cup.
- 4. Bake about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and tops are golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. With thin knife, loosen sides of pies from pan; remove from pan and place top sides up on cooling rack. Cool 10 minutes longer, and serve.
- Makes 6 servings (2 mini pies each).