Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
more chicken recipes.
- 500 g ground chicken
- 2 slices bread, with crusts removed soaked in milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- plain flour, for coating
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced finely
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 carrot, diced finely
- 1 stick celery, diced finely
- 700 g tomato passata
- 1 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup pitted green olives, sliced (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped herbs (eg, parsley, basil)
- chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- pasta (optional) or steamed rice, to serve (optional)
- Make meatballs Mix mince with bread, beaten egg, parmesan and
- parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Shape into small balls and coat lightly in flour.
- Heat oil in pan and shallow fry meatballs over medium heat for 10 minutes until lightly browned all over. Remove and set aside.
- Make sauce Heat oil in shallow pan and fry onion, garlic, carrot and celery for 5 minutes until softened. Add passata and water and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until thickened and slightly reduced. Add cream and stir. Return meatballs to pan and heat through.
- Add olives and chopped herbs to mix and stir. Sprinkle with parsley to garnish. Serve with pasta or steamed rice, if desired.
*Reviewed for PAC Sept 09* Wonderful- my whole family loved these mini chicken meatballs. I used gluten-free bread and brown rice flour to suit my diet....but otherwise made as written. Served over some gluten-free pasta for a delicious dinner. Photos being posted also