1/2 Photos of Mini Chicken Cigars With Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce
This savory little morsel was one of the appetizers featured when Food Network chefs catered a wedding. (Rachael Ray's offering).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chicken
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons grill seasoning (recommended Montreal Seasoning by McCormick)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves (a handful)
- 8 sheets phyllo dough
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce
- 1For the chicken cigars: Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Place chicken in a bowl and mix with spices and parsley. (I actually used my food processor to shred/chop chicken and mix in the spices and it worked nicely--use it to chop the parsley first and then add other ingredients).
- 3Place a piece of phyllo on a nonstick cookie sheet and brush with some of the melted butter. Repeat 3 more times, placing each of phyllo over the last buttered sheet to make 4 layers. Cut layered phyllo into 16 rectangles (4 x 4).
- 4On one end of each of the rectangles, place a heaping tablespoon of chicken filling. Roll up tightly to make mini "cigars". Cut each of these in half and place on a cookie sheet. (They should overlap slightly on the bottom--they will stay together nicely if you press them gently after you place them on the cookie sheet). Butter the tops of each.
- 5Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown.
- 6Repeat with second half of phyllo sheets and chicken mixture.
- 7Make the sweet and sour dipping sauce by whisking together plum or duck sauce and vinegar in a bowl. Stream in oil and continue whisking to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Fold in mango and sliced scallions.
- 8Serve either hot or at room temperature with dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Chicken Cigars With Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 64
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 34.5
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 11.2 mg
- Sodium 37.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: