Recipe by kiwidutch
Try this burger recipe for a great change of pace! Notes: Find Japanese panko bread crumbs on the Asian food aisle in a well-stocked supermarket or in Asian markets. For a different flavor, add curry powder or ginger and soy sauce. Please remember that if you use less chicken to cut back on the garlic, we are garlic lovers, I once used less chicken and didn't, and while the overall taste was great, the garlic was a little overwhelming, even for us. These mini burgers hold together no problem, remained juicy and cook though very evenly, a 'must' for me when making burgers. Since this has some specifically asian ingredients I have decided to put this into ZWT: Asia.
Top Review by DuChick
Yummy little burgers, kiwi! I cut the recipe in half and used freshly minced basil rather than dried. I had no problem with them drying out and they stayed moist right thru the final bite. We ended up using some dipping sauces like bbq and hot mustard, but not together! Made for Aussie Swap 5/08.
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs (see Notes)
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup minced parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bread crumbs in a small, shallow dish.
- Mix chicken, garlic, parsley, oregano, basil and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper.
- Form into 16 patties, each flattened and 2 inches in diameter. Press into bread crumbs to coat each side.
- In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add as many patties as will fit in a single layer and cook, turning once, until each side is brown and patties firm up, about 10 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining patties, adding more oil if necessary.
- Serve hot.