Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A BH & G contest winner. These look adorable and delicious at the same time!
- 24 fresh red mild cherry peppers (about 2 cups)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 green onion, finely chopped (2 T)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup shredded swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut off tops of peppers; use a small spoon to remove seeds.
- Place each pepper in a 1 3/4-inch muffin cup.
- Use a small crumpled piece of foil to keep peppers upright.
- In a small bowl, stir together egg, cream, mushrooms, onion, mustard, salt, and pepper until combined.
- Spoon about 1 1/2 tsp of the mixture into each pepper.
- Sprinkle tops with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes and filling is puffed and golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Remove from pans and serve warm.