Recipe by Redsie
Made these for Christmas gifts. Everybody loved them! I replaced the dried cherries by dried cranberries. This is a Everyday Food recipe.
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml packed light brown sugar
- 118.29 ml coarsely chopped pecans
- 59.16 ml cold unsalted butter, cut in small pieces
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 3.69 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 354.88 ml granulated sugar
- 236.59 ml low-fat sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 354.88 ml dried cherries
- 236.59 ml coarsely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Butter and flour six mini loaf pans (each 5 3/4 by 3 inches). Make streussel topping: in a bowl, mix streusel ingredients with fingertips until most clumps form. Place in freezer.
- Make cherry-pecan batter: In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In a large bowl, whisk butter, sugar, sour cream, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Mix in dry ingredients until moistened. Fold in dried cherries and pecans.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared pans; spread to fill corners. Place pans on a baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes, then remove from oven and quickly sprinkle loaves with streusel topping.
- Return loaves to oven; bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool loaves 10 minutes in pans; turn out of pans, and cool completely, streusel side up, on a rack.