Recipe by Redsie
Made these for Christmas gifts. Everybody loved them! I replaced the dried cherries by dried cranberries. This is a Everyday Food recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut in small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cherries
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Butter and flour six mini loaf pans (each 5 3/4 by 3 inches). Make streussel topping: in a bowl, mix streusel ingredients with fingertips until most clumps form. Place in freezer.
- Make cherry-pecan batter: In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In a large bowl, whisk butter, sugar, sour cream, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Mix in dry ingredients until moistened. Fold in dried cherries and pecans.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared pans; spread to fill corners. Place pans on a baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes, then remove from oven and quickly sprinkle loaves with streusel topping.
- Return loaves to oven; bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool loaves 10 minutes in pans; turn out of pans, and cool completely, streusel side up, on a rack.