Recipe by ShortyBond
Another Rachel Ray recipe... I can't WAIT to try this one!! It looks absolutely delicious!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground sirloin or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 3⁄4 lb brick sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 large romaine lettuce hearts (or whichever lettuce you prefer)
- 1 cup sliced pickle, drained (you can use any flavor you like)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons drained salad pimientos or 1⁄4 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preaheat a grill pan or large nonstick skillet over medium high heat or preheat outdoor grill.
- Combine the meat with onion, worcestershire sauce and steak seasoning. Form 2" meatballs, then flatten them into patties (to make 16 patties). Drizzle formed mini-patties with extra virgin olive oil to keep them from sticking to cooking surface.
- Slice the brick of cheese into 1/4" pieces. Place patties into a preheated pan or grill pan or arrange on outdoor grill.
- Cook the mini burgers 3 minuteson each side, then add cheese to melt over patties. On outdoor grill, close the lid to melt cheese. In a skillet or on a grill pan, tent the mini cheeseburgers lightly with foil to melt cheese.
- Coarsely chop romaine and combine with sliced pickles and halved cherry or grape tomatoes.
- Whisk together the mustard and cider vinegar. Stream in the extra virgin olive oil. Add the chopped chives and pimentos; stir to combine.
- Arrange mini cheeseburgers on salad and drizzle prepared yellow mustard over the completed dish.