Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from watching the Paula Deen show on Food Network. They are delicious!
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt (or paula deen's silly salt)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 vidalia onion, minced
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) package puff pastry sheets
- 20 slices cheddar cheese (1 inch slices)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the first five ingredients. Hand-form patty to 1/4 normal burger size, about 2-inches in diameter. In a grooved black skillet, cook burgers to medium. Turn once. Do not overcook.
- Roll out thawed puff pastry. Cut 10 (6-inch) even panels. Place burger in center of square and top with 2 slices of cheese. Fold edges up and twist on top.
- Bake 20-25 minutes and serve warm.
- Note: Paula Deen Silly Salt is a blend of salt, dehydrated onion and garlic, spices, soybean oil and lemon flavor.
- Try serving with bacon or tomatoes.
- Havarti and ground pepper boursin cheeses are good substitutes for cheddar.
I made it for Thanksgiving and everyone loved. I just made another batch and my daughter came and got a few for her children and husband.