Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
from "The Best Freezer Cookbook"
- 1 loaf white bread, unsliced
- 4 egg whites
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Using a bread knife, cut crusts from all sides of the bread. Slice into 1 inch slices and cut each slice into 9 cubes.
- Place in container and put in freezer while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese, sharp cheddar, butter and mustard together. Fold in the egg whites.
- Remove bread from freezer and dip each cube in the egg white mixture. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
- To freeze:.
- Flash freeze souffles. (Place in freezer for 1 hour until firm) Transfer to a freezer bag or container. Seal, label and freezer for up to 1 month.
- To serve:.
- Bake from frozen. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes until golden brown.