Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These make great party nibbles or just to eat by themselves without the Brie filling. Another recipe from "Annabelle Cooks" In response to another chef's question I have added sugar as an optional ingredient. The original recipe does not have it. I guess it is personal taste :)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 2 cups tasty cheddar cheese (grated)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup cooked bacon (finely chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- grated cheddar cheese, extra for topping (or use crumbled blue vein for a change)
- 125 g brie cheese (sliced)
- Pre heat the oven to 190'C/375'F.
- Beat the egg, salt and oil together lightly and set aside.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder into a bowl, stir in the sugar (if using) and then mix in the bacon, cheese and parsley.
- Make a well in the centre and add in the egg mixture and milk.
- Mix until just combined - do not over mix.
- Spoon into mini muffin tins and sprinkle with the extra cheese.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and leave in tins for 5 mins before turning out onto a rack and cover with a cloth.
- When they have cooled, make a slit in them and place in it a small slice of Brie.
- When required, reheat in a hot oven until the cheese melts. This will only take a few minutes.
These were yummy!! I didn't use any brie in them afterall because when I tasted the brie I had it was bitter....must have had it too long. So I just served them as it! They were great!! I would definitely make these again! I would add a bit more salt though ...they needed a bit more without the brie. Easy to make too!! Almost like yeast rolls without all the effort!!
They're YUMMY was all I heard today! This recipe MADE MY DAY! OK...next time might not make as mini, TRUE! As ended up....well eating a couple of two! :) Didn't add sugar or extra cheese! This recipe surely did please! THANKS!
I made these and served them with soup (minestrone soup and sweet potato and leek soup) last night for a casual meal with friends and they were sensational! They took about 3 minutes to put together, 16 minutes to cook and were light and very tasty. I will definitely be making these again. Many thanks.