Recipe by internetnut
For a colorful and tasty presentation, roll these cheese balls in paprika or black pepper. Or roll them in 1/2 cup chopped almonds. Each serving is 1 mini-cheese ball with 1 bagel chip. Make this recipe up to 2 days ahead. This recipe has a 1 point value per serving. I found this recipe in a Weight Watchers magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 3⁄4 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup low fat 2% cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon horseradish mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese, cut up and softened
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped (not packed in oil)
- 9 .oz dry vegetable soup mix (1 package)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 8 bagel chips or 8 French bread, slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree the cheddar, cottage cheese, mustard, and cayenne in a food processor. Add the cream cheese, tomatoes, and soup mix; process until blended. Transfer the cheese mixture to a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Sprinkle half the parsley on a sheet of plastic wrap. Drop the cheese mixture by 1/4 cupfuls on the parsley making a total of 8 mounds. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley. Gently roll each mound into a ball, pressing the parsley so that it adheres. If making ahead, cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with the bagel chips.