Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
A fun little appetizer to add to your party buffet table. Also makes a great snack for those teen sleepovers! You can make these up to 2 weeks ahead of time, just wrap well and freeze. Prep and cooking time does not include the 2 hours needed for chilling.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons green onions, finally chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons real bacon, bacon bits
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4 cup chopped roasted almonds (I use lightly salted) or 3⁄4 cup pecans (I use lightly salted)
- assorted cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cream cheese, green onion, Italian seasoning and garlic powder until well blended. Stir in bacon and mozzarella cheese.
- Scoop cheese mixture up using a level teaspoon and shape into 54 balls. Roll in chopped nuts and place on a cookie sheet.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Pull out and place on serving tray with assorted crackers.
- For a different flavor combo, omit the Italian seasoning and try shredded sharp cheddar and 3 Tbs. drained pimentos in place of the mozzarella and bacon.