Recipe by Adie
This is a great make-ahead recipe that gets better the longer you let it refrigerate. It also makes lots so it is good for a large party. I like to vary the types of dried fruit - substituting craisins for raisins, dried pineapple for apple, etc.
Top Review by flower7
These are very tasty! I'm not a fan of walnuts so used a combo of almonds and pecans (what I happened to have on hand). I also used regular raisins and dried Granny Smith apples. I probably rolled my balls a little big because I only got 22 out of a half recipe. Very easy and tasty appetizer. I do recommend partaking of these when they are at room temperature (or briefly warmed in the microwave - no more than 8-10 seconds to take the chill off) as the flavor is much better than when chilled. Thanks for posting!
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped dried apple
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 -1 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add remaining ingredients except walnuts; blend well. Refrigerate mixture 30 minutes or until easy to handle. Shape into 1 inch balls. Roll in chopped walnuts.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Serve with crackers.
- Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.