Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Tasty blend of cheese and green onion. Recipe states they melt in your mouth. A fast and easy appetizer for any occasion. Found recipe in a local newspaper.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 finely chopped green onion
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch onion powder
- Beat margarine and cream cheese together, work in flour to form a ball.
- Divide the dough into 24 equal pieces.
- Press into mini tart tins.
- Divide cheese evenly among tarts.
- Beat egg until frothy, add milk, green onion and spices.
- Spoon into tarts and bake @ 350
- Variations: substitute the cheddar cheese for feta and the green onion for finely chopped black olives.
- Greek style tarts.
These are great little tarts. I have made them before. I was looking for my recipe yesterday for a party but couldn't find it. Searched recipezaar and low and behold there it was. Thanks Rinder for posting.