Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
6 little Mini Bundt cakes for tea or for fun.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon chai tea (leaves, brewed)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup self rising flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a mini bundt pan.
- Separate the eggs, placing the yolks in a pan and the whites in the bowl of an electric stand mixer.
- Over very low heat, combine the yolks and the sugar and whisk until the sugar is completely incorporated and has dissolved. Continue whisking for a minute or two until the egg yolks have become very pale in colour and increased in volume. Be very careful not to get the yolks too hot or they will cook.
- Remove the yolk mixture from the heat and add the tea leaves, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Mix and let sit while you whip the egg whites.
- Using the whisk attachment, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form (4 to 5 minutes).
- Sift the flour into the egg yolk mixture and combine. The mixture may be stiff but don't worry about it.
- Add one-third of the egg whites to the yolk and flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Add the remaining egg whites and fold them into the lightened batter.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared Bundt pan. If using a mini-Bundt pan, bake your cakes for 30 minutes and then check for doneness by inserting a cake tester into the centre of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cakes are done. If not, bake for an additional 5 minutes and test again.
- Once the cakes are baked, remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Unmold the bundt cakes and let cool completely.
- Serve with tea and enjoy!