Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are adorable. You will need 32 (4-inch) wooden skewers. From Southern Living, May 2008.
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 10 -14 fresh mozzarella balls, cut into thirds
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- kosher salt
- Thread 1 tomato half, 1 piece of cheese, and another tomato half onto each skewer. Place skewers in a shallow serving dish.
- Whisk together oil and next 3 ingredients. Drizzle oil mixture over skewers; sprinkle with basil and salt and pepper to taste.
I prepared them for my Oscar party and they were a hit! Very good! I used the whole mozzarella balls, I did not cut them up as the recipe stated.
These were a very big hit with my Italian class tonight! We are learning how to order in a restaurant etc and for our Xmas party we had to bring something Italian. Of course Caprese Pomodoro was on the menu and everyone insisted on having the recipe for their Xmas appetizers!! These are Molto Benissimo!!!