1/1 Photo of Mini Cannoli Cream Cups....yummmmm
Chef #868551's Note:
How to make cannolis the easy way!!! i saw this recipe on line submitted by "cooking with sugar" and im telling you, this is sooo easy..from start to finish 40 min..and taste just like cannolis with out all the work
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For cups: preheat oven 425 degrees. unroll pie crust on lightly floured surface and sprinkle the tops with the natural sugar and cinnamon. lightly roll over it with rolling pin so that the sugar and cinnamon are pressed into the dough.
- 2with a 2.5 or 3" round biscuit cookie cutter, cut circles and press them inside an ungreased mini muffin pan to create the pastry cup.
- 3bake 10 minutes or until cups are golden.remove from oven and allow to cool. once cool, they can be filled.
- 4for filling: in a large bowl with an electric mixer combine all ingredients except the choc chips and mix well till creamy. place filling in a 1 gal plastic storage bag and chill while you make the cups.
- 5remove filling from fridge, cut the bottom of corner of bag and pipe a little less then a tablespoon into the cannoli cups. sprinkle with mini choc chips and dust with powdered sugar.
- 6tips: for a thicker filling, you can strain the ricotta in cheese cloth place in a bowl and covered overnite.
- 7filling can be made a day or two ahead of time and kept in fridge.
- 8a variation in the cannolie cream that works well is 1/4 teaspoon almond or orange extract.
- 9other toppings that go well are chopped toasted almonds, choc sprinkles, candied orange pieces, chopped candied red cherries as well as a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- 10(i didnt have natural sugar when making these so i just used combo reg sugar and cinnamon).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Cannoli Cream Cups....yummmmm
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.3
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 67.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 3.7 g