Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a Rachel Ray 30 minute meal. So quick and delish. Hope you enjoy!
- 12 ounces ziti pasta
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups milk
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach
- 12 ounces shredded Italian cheese, mix
- Cook ziti as directed on package to a little more than adente.
- Brown ground chicken with onion, salt and pepper and garlic in a large skillet.
- In a separate skillet melt butter and add flour to make a rue. Add milk slowly, whisking together. Add nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Heat spinach in microwave. Drain and pat dry. Add to meat skillet.
- Add ziti to meat and spinach and stir. Pour sauce over and stir.
- Put in a casserole and stir again. Put cheese on top of casserole and put in oven under broiler just until bubbly and brown.
I thought this was really good, and I liked the addition of the ground chicken. But with all that pasta, chicken and spinach, we thought it would have benefitted from a little seasoning beyond the salt and pepper. I'll definitely make this again but add a little basil or oregano. But it's definitely a "keeper". Thanks, quick meal. Made for Spring 2010 Pick-A-Chef.
Just made this for supper - but did not have any chicken so used a packet of bacon pieces instead. It went down well with my two hungry men! Thanks.
This is a quick yummy dinner. I was worried the sauce wouldn't be enough but it was the perfect amount. The dish isn't swimming in sauce but is just coated. I didn't have ground chicken so I just used ground turkey. I added a little more nutmeg as well. Will make again. Thanks.